120727 Gimpo Airport: Sooyoung
X - 2 3 & T H E T H I N G
- this role play account is strictly in au character.
- I’m not looking for a relationship out of character, stop asking me.
- be respectful, treat me as you want to be treated.
- be legible, I don’t care if you do one-liners only, just try your best to make sense.
- discuss plots, ideas, character with me out of character before we start.
- I do all types of role playing: one-liner, one-shot, long term, short term, chat speak, paragraph, novel.
- don’t assume that I’m interested in only experienced roleplayers, I want to interact with all my followers, no matter what their age, race, gender, experience, or history.
- I’ll do my part to interact with all of you, so please do the same for me.
- If you want to email roleplay add my email: email@example.com ;
- If you want to quick chat add my email: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
X → X-23, Choi Sooyoung.
When Weapon X set out to clone Wolverine, they found that the only genetic sample they had was damaged and missing the Y chromosome. After 22 failed attempts to salvage the missing chromosome, they allow Dr Sarah Kinney to proceed with making a clone out of only the viable X chromosome, under the condition that she must surrogate.
At seven years old, X-23 is subjected to radiation to trigger her mutant gene, and her bone claws are coated with adamantium. The doctor in charge, Zander Rice, then creates a trigger scent that drives X-23 into a rage. She for the next several years she is trained as a hired assassin. But shortly after, Kinney’s niece is kidnapped and she breaks X-23 out of the Weapon X facility to rescue her. They succeed in rescuing Megan, but Rice finds out and threatens to “get rid of” Kinney. He claims they don’t need her anymore - showing her pods housing X-24 through X-50. Kinney then leaves a note for Laura telling her to destroy the pods and kill Rice.
In the resulting rage, X-23 accidentally kills Kinney - who tells her what her real name is and gives her information on Wolverine, Charles Xavier, and the Institute.
X-23 then travels to San Francisco to live with her aunt and cousin. She discovers that her aunt’s boyfriend is a Weapon X agent and the house is attacked. After defeating Kimura (who was her handler in the facility), X-23 decides to track down Wolverine. This leads her to the Xavier Institute, where the two battle and she defeats him. But instead of killing him, she demands answers. It’s during the talk that Captain America intervenes and arrests X-23. He eventually frees X-23 after agreeing that she’s atoned for her murders and wanting her to avoid becoming a SHIELD weapon.
X-23 later resurfaces in NYC, where she’s working as a bar tender. It’s there that she meets Kid Nixon, Tat Caban, and Bobby Soul. Some time later she’s enrolled in Xavier Institute where she rooms with Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl) and Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat). Her animosity towards Wolverine slowly shifts towards protectiveness instead. Her work with the X-Men from here out is, at times, rocky, but she still proves herself to be a valuable and effective part of the team (even though, from time to time, she mistakenly attacks their allies). She is one of the few mutants to retain her powers after M-Day.